*Recipes portioned for single serving
Please wash all produce prior to cooking.
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Lettuce for topping
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chile
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (choose your favorite hot sauce--recommended but not necessary)
- Sour Cream and cheese (if desired)
- Olive oil
- Bring 3 cups of water (Per Serving) to a boil in a large saucepan. Add lentils and boil for 15-20 minutes until they are tender.
- Mince onion and garlic. Here's a video showing how to best mince an onion. Here's a video showing how to best mince garlic.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Toss in minced garlic and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the cup of spices and mix. Lower to
- Add cooked lentils, 3 tablespoons of tomato paste (Per serving), a few splashes of water and hot sauce if desired.
- Cook for 5 minutes, adding water as necessary. Mash lentils during the cook time.
- Warm tortillas, chop up lettuce and serve. Enjoy!